Append from fn.ext delimited with ^
Author Message
 Append from fn.ext delimited with ^

When Itry to append from a clean properly formated text file using this
statement:
Append from fn.ext delimited with ^  it does not work. It tries to place
as much of the record into the first field as the field is long and
truncates the rest of the record, proceeding to the next record.  Only
if I make the delimiter a comma <,> will it work properly using this
statement:
Append from fn.ext delimited with ,

Have I stumbled into an undocumented feature? or is my syntax wrong,
HELP!

Thanks

--
Joe Baldwin

Diligent Consulting   http://www.*-*-*.com/
the hot rods are under 'boy's toys'

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. create and append comma delimited text from textbox

2. Append From using delimited with &

3. Reading/Appending a Text file. Comma delimited

4. Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field

5. Append query that appends to and updates an archive table

6. Parsing the .ext off of filename.ext??? Help me please!

7. Combine 2 files (append one to the other) (textstream / append)

8. Calling a fn in a parent form from a subform

9. string processing question with Now() fn

10. FutureBASIC: FN PTINRECT

11. VB6CE Left Fn

12. Help: Need to call Excel marco fn via DDE