TRANSPARENT BMPs ?????
Author Message
 TRANSPARENT BMPs ?????

Does anyone know how to set a color in a bitmap to transparent? Im not much of
a programer so if u could send me a small example program it would be very
helpful.

---Kevin

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TRANSPARENT BMPs ?????
BMP's is one of the few pic formats that JASC *paint shop pro* says is
incapable of creating transparent images....  Not sure about this, but ULEAD
also verified it.

Fordpref

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to set a color in a bitmap to transparent? Im not
much of
> a programer so if u could send me a small example program it would be very
> helpful.

> ---Kevin

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TRANSPARENT BMPs ?????

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to set a color in a bitmap to transparent?

Is it a static picture ie background or will it change ?

If you have MicroSoft Office 99 or whatever, it comes with a Photo
Editor. Although BMP does not support transparency you can change it
to a GIF which works just as well.

If you must keep the Bitmap format then you do it in code using the
BitBlit API call (or something like that - now we are geting advanced
- it was too much for me - so I used the following ) or use the PSET
method in a for loop to change each pixel -  it is slow but gives a
pretty effect.

This is of the top of my head so look up PSET in the help

1. set scale mode of the picture box to Pixel
2. scan each pixel and if it is the transparent color change it to the
background color.

For X = 0 to Pic.width
For Y = 0 to Pic.height
If PSET (X,Y) = TransColor Then PSET (X,Y) = BackColor
Next
Next

or something like that

Jeff

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Combo Boxes and Transparent Bmps

2. Newby VB user: Transparent BMPs

3. Picture box Transparent Bmps??

4. transparent BMPs

5. Transparent .BMPs

6. Transparent .BMPs

7. Transparent .BMPs for Buttons!

8. HELP....Transparent BMPs for VB3?....Is it possible? Action arcade games?

9. Parallax Scrolling and Transparent Backgrounds on BMPs

10. Parallax Scrolling and Transparent Backgrounds on BMPs

11. transparent OCX with transparent label

12. BUG: Transparent Label on Transparent Control Does Not Display