Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

Hi All,

I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
application.

Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
otherwise of the report??

The problem I have, is that a number of my reports may not actually
produce anything (i.e. no valid data). This is OK, but it would be
nice to be able to put up a message saying that the repor produced no
data (or something like that).

Does anyone have any ideas.

Any help would be useful.

Cheers

Russ
R & L Enterprises - Software/ Hardware Development & Distribution
M.L. Greenwood's & Associates - Business & Technical Consultancy

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

Quote:
(Russell Wilkinson) writes:
>Hi All,

>I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
>application.

>Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
>otherwise of the report??

How about running the same query in your app that you send to the report
and check the number of returned records.

---------------------------

Darryl Brooks
Atlanta, Ga.
---------------------------

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
> application.

> Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
> otherwise of the report??

> The problem I have, is that a number of my reports may not actually
> produce anything (i.e. no valid data). This is OK, but it would be
> nice to be able to put up a message saying that the repor produced no
> data (or something like that).

> Does anyone have any ideas.

> Any help would be useful.

> Cheers

> Russ
> R & L Enterprises - Software/ Hardware Development & Distribution
> M.L. Greenwood's & Associates - Business & Technical Consultancy

Insert a formula field that says "No Records Found" into the page
header.
Create a formula that says: WhilePrintingRecord;
                            " "

           Hope this helps.

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 4.5 - Visual Linking Expert problems

2. FS: Crystal Reports Pro 4.5, Standard 4.5

3. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

4. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

5. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

6. QB 4.5/Basic PDS 7.1/Visual Basic Consultants Available

7. Converting Quick Basic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0

8. QB 4.5/Basic PDS 7.1/Visual Basic Consultants Available

9. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports

10. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)

11. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)

12. Problem with report in Visual Basic and Crystal Reports(2)