How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0
Author Message
 How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0

Greetings..

I am building an access 97 backend and a VB5.0 frontend for a small project
at work..I am trying to allow the end users to update several tables at
once. For instance, I might want the user to be able to append new data to
column 1, 3 and 5 in table one, and columns 3 and 4 in table 2..

Can I use the dbgrid control and mix and match several columns from
differant tables in access ?

When I draw the dbgrid control on the form, and then fetch the columns,
they are all from one table..I want the user to be able to view the grid as
if it were something such as a view in SQLserver..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..I have a horrendous deadline..:-)

Please if possible email me as my employers firewall doesn't allow reading
/ posting of newsgroups and I had to post this via my home account which is
limited in time on the web / newsgroups, etc..

Thanks in advance...

Tim

Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 Data Bound Controls and VFP 5.0 Databases

2. comboboxes bound to the same table/column, independent of eachother

3. Problem binding repeater columns to Child table in Dataset

4. Listbox bound to a column in an Access table

5. How to bind DataSet Table Columns to Unbound Fields

6. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

7. Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls

8. How to create a data bound control that binds to a row

9. Data Bound User Control Not Binding

10. binding a data bound grid control programmatically

11. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

12. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery