Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure
Author Message
 Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure

Subject: Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure
Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.visual.database
I have problem of using Stored Procedure in Crystal Report V4.5.
The problem was in design time I defined database A for the stored
procedure. But in run time the store procedure was still connect database
"A" even though I specified the different database location at database
"B".

The syntax I used was:
CrystalReport.Connect="DSN=MyDSN;UID=Me;PWD=Me;DSQ=databaseB"
CrystalReport1.Datafiles(0)="databaseB.dbo.proc(MyStoredProc;1)"
CrystalReport1.Action=1

Can any one give me suggestion to solve this problem? Will Crystal
Report V5.0 solved this problem.

Eugene Chan

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure

Not quite sure but try to do an 'Add database to report' in your RPT file
or alternatively do a 'Set Location' from the database menu. Then click on
set location PushButton, then do connect to database & select the ODBC dsn
you want to use & the stored procedure name from the other database. (both
SP name should be the same)
Save your rpt file, & try it from VB.

--
Frdric.

Quote:
> Subject: Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.visual.database
> I have problem of using Stored Procedure in Crystal Report V4.5.
> The problem was in design time I defined database A for the stored
> procedure. But in run time the store procedure was still connect database
> "A" even though I specified the different database location at database
> "B".

> The syntax I used was:
> CrystalReport.Connect="DSN=MyDSN;UID=Me;PWD=Me;DSQ=databaseB"
> CrystalReport1.Datafiles(0)="databaseB.dbo.proc(MyStoredProc;1)"
> CrystalReport1.Action=1

> Can any one give me suggestion to solve this problem? Will Crystal
> Report V5.0 solved this problem.

> Eugene Chan

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

2. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

3. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

4. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

5. FS: Crystal Reports Pro 4.5, Standard 4.5

6. report based on a stored procedure , crystal reports and vb6

7. Call SQL stored procedure in VB5.0 and print report to Crystal report

8. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

9. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

10. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

11. VB.NET,SQL SERVER 2000 STORED PROCEDURE PARAMETERS, CRYSTAL REPORTS

12. Store Procedure in Crystal Report