Help !!!: Problem with Crystal Report
Author Message
 Help !!!: Problem with Crystal Report

I'm having the following problem with Crystal Report version 3.0
I'm doing a query on a foxpro database on  the following 3 fields :
A= logical field
B= logical field
C= Character field.
I am trying the following selection formula in Crystal

( {db.A}=true and {db.C} = 'text')  or {db.B}=true

If I translate this formula to Boolean algebra It looks like this
 (A and C)  or B
In Boolean algebra this must be the same as  B or (A and C)
but if I change the sequence of the selection formula in Crystal to
 {db.B}=true  or   ({db.A}=true and {db.C} = 'text')
 I find a different number of matching records.

What am I doing wrong , Is it not possible to use a text field in a Boolean
formula or is this a big in Crystal Reports ?
Please help , because this is a big problem for me.
Thanks in advance.

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. help: problem with Crystal Reports

2. Help !!!: Problem with Crystal Report

3. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

4. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

5. Help: Crystal Reports section subtotal problem...

6. Help: Crystal Report 6.0 OLE / DAO problem

7. Help - Crystal Reports Problem

8. Help wanted, problem with Crystal Report 6

9. Help !! : problem with Crystal Report and Null fields

10. Password problem using Crystal Reports HELP ME !!

11. Crystal reports problem - help ?

12. Crystal Reports Problems, Help