Crystal Reports 4.5
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 4.5

I have created reports using Crystal Reports 4.5 and I want to pass on 2
variables form my VB app to Crystal Reports, the variables being DateFrom to
DateTo that would be used by CR for doing record selection.

I have tried the Formula Editor inside CR but to no avail. How do I declare
my two date variables and have Crystal reports work with them?

Thank you in advance
--
Richard

Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.5
Are you using the Crystal Reports OCX control to run your reports from
VB?  If so, lookup the SelectionFormula property.

Jeremy

Quote:

>I have created reports using Crystal Reports 4.5 and I want to pass on 2
>variables form my VB app to Crystal Reports, the variables being DateFrom to
>DateTo that would be used by CR for doing record selection.

>I have tried the Formula Editor inside CR but to no avail. How do I declare
>my two date variables and have Crystal reports work with them?

>Thank you in advance
>--
>Richard

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 4.5
The syntax for passing info to crystal reports is a tough one.  Here is a
sub that I use to pass a selection parameter to crystal reports 4.6

Private Sub mnuerl_Click()
Dim SELECTION As String
Dim ERLCIN As String
ERLCIN = InputBox("Enter CIN to Report on", "ERL REPORT")
SELECTION = "({imrl.CIN} = '" & UCase(ERLCIN) & "' Or {imrl.TSCIN} = '" &
UCase(ERLCIN) & "')"
CrystalReport1(0).DataFiles(0) = gsDatabase
CrystalReport1(0).ReportFileName = App.path & "\erl.rpt"
CrystalReport1(0).GroupSelectionFormula = SELECTION     '  "{IMRL.CIN} =
'C-100-3187'"
CrystalReport1(i).SortFields(0) = "+{imrl.ITEM}"
CrystalReport1(0).WindowState = crptMaximized
CrystalReport1(0).PrintReport
End Sub

--
Chuck

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

2. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

3. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

4. Crystal Report 4.5

5. Is there anything better than Crystal Report 4.5?

6. Crystal Report 4.5 Stored Procedure

7. Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

8. Crystal Reports 4.5 ... Help Access Security

9. Crystal Reports 4.5 Resources

10. Database Location in Crystal Reports 4.5 & VB4

11. Crystal Reports 4.5 question

12. Jet 2.5 and Crystal Reports 4.5