Deleting records in Dbase
Author Message
 Deleting records in Dbase

Hi.

I am trying to delete records from a Dbase file. During a conversion
phase, some records were duplicated and the table can have identical
records. When I try to delete on of them, I receive an error stating
that are "too many rows affected" or something like this and the 2
records are deleted. I tried the value adAffectCurrent but with no
success. How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 07 May 2003 10:05:30 GMT
 Deleting records in Dbase
I know, this is not a good method, but I had the same problems using SQL
Server; I finally exported the table to Access, did the work of deletion,
removed the original table in SQL Server, imported the correct table from
Access;
it was a stupid solution, but with the Enterprise Manager I didn't find
other solutions;
bye,
Johnny

Quote:
> Hi.

> I am trying to delete records from a Dbase file. During a conversion
> phase, some records were duplicated and the table can have identical
> records. When I try to delete on of them, I receive an error stating
> that are "too many rows affected" or something like this and the 2
> records are deleted. I tried the value adAffectCurrent but with no
> success. How can I solve this?

> Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 08 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleting records in Dbase
If you have FoxPro available to you, you can run a "select * distinct from
XYZ into table ABC"  that will take care of any dups.

If you do not have fox, let me know what you do have, and I can give you
more solutions.

Quote:
> Hi.

> I am trying to delete records from a Dbase file. During a conversion
> phase, some records were duplicated and the table can have identical
> records. When I try to delete on of them, I receive an error stating
> that are "too many rows affected" or something like this and the 2
> records are deleted. I tried the value adAffectCurrent but with no
> success. How can I solve this?

> Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deleting records in dBase IV

2. How to indicate if Dbase record is deleted?

3. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

4. Deleting dBase records

5. Dbase 3 - Bypassing deleted records problem....

6. Dbase record marked as deleted

7. VB Deleting dbase Records

8. dBASE deleted records

9. dBASE + VB 4.0 - Records not deleting?

10. Delete DBase Record

11. VB - dBase: Deleting & Packing records

12. dBASE: packing deleted records