Accessing DB2 from Visual Basic via CAE/DOS
Author Message
 Accessing DB2 from Visual Basic via CAE/DOS

Hi all,

I am trying to develop some VB application, which interacts with DB2/MVS database
via ODBC/CAE. The process seems to be pretty slow, sometimes I must wait several
minutes for the result, especially when establishing the connection to DB2. However,
the very same application works much faster when using direct ODBC calls instead of
using JET engine, and response time is 1-2 seconds. Maybe, someone has experienced
the same problems and can suggest, is it the "native" particularity of IBM's ODBC
driver (I don't think so because the CAE driver does not know whether it is called
via JET or not), or JET's, or ... ?

Sincirely,
Linda

Sun, 08 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 EE, DB2/MVS and CAE date field problem

2. VB5 EE, DB2/MVS and CAE problem

3. Connecting to Access via Visual Basic via Internet

4. Accessing database files from QBasic 4.5, Visual Basic for DOS

5. Free Beta Visual Basic Dos Compiler (DOS, WIN95/NT,Linux)

6. Accessing Borland dBase files via VISUAL BASIC

7. Accessing Borland dBase files via Visual Basic

8. sql-server access via visual basic

9. Access i/o port via visual basic 4.0

10. MS Visual Basic -> MS Access via ODBC

11. Accessing Response Object VIA Visual Basic

12. Accessing the IE4 proxy setting via Visual Basic or Scripting