VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate
Author Message
 VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate

Can anyone refer me to a good book, howto, ref guide, or anything that
will aide in a solution to my problem. Problem:

I am developing a vb 6 app using an access 2000 db. I am using all dao
controls (no ado) and I need to report data. The data is not from just
one table, I need to query date from multiple tables based on certain
criteria entered by the user. I think Crystal Reports is the way to go,
but I have had no success. So far i haved tried setting the
groupselection criteria for the report, and this works fine, but I have
to go to CR and refresh the report data and save the data with the
report. So I tried setting the sqlStatement for the report and using
the action = 1 command, but this again does not work, I think I am
skipping a big step somewhere in my code. This is why I need a book, or
sample code, or something.

Please, if you have any suggestion let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate
http://www.datadynamics.com

Active Reports for VB 6.  Uses ADO or DAO.  Set the recordsource at runtime
in the Report Start event and let 'er rip.  Works like Access reports, way
easy.

Good luck,

Doug Shokes

Quote:
> Can anyone refer me to a good book, howto, ref guide, or anything that
> will aide in a solution to my problem. Problem:

> I am developing a vb 6 app using an access 2000 db. I am using all dao
> controls (no ado) and I need to report data. The data is not from just
> one table, I need to query date from multiple tables based on certain
> criteria entered by the user. I think Crystal Reports is the way to go,
> but I have had no success. So far i haved tried setting the
> groupselection criteria for the report, and this works fine, but I have
> to go to CR and refresh the report data and save the data with the
> report. So I tried setting the sqlStatement for the report and using
> the action = 1 command, but this again does not work, I think I am
> skipping a big step somewhere in my code. This is why I need a book, or
> sample code, or something.

> Please, if you have any suggestion let me know. Thanks in advance.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB - Crystal Report Books, refs or anything, I'm desperate

2. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

3. Desperate -- Problems installing Crystal Reports for VB

4. Is there anything better than Crystal Report 4.5?

5. Anything else than Crystal Reports?

6. Crystal Reports - STUCK and desperate!

7. Anything else than Crystal Reports?

8. Broken refs can't be ID'd

9. vb and 'dynamic' crystal reports

10. Seeking VB/Crystal Reports book

11. Crystal Report 'End of Report'

12. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion