VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL
Author Message
 VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL

Sure could use some help!

I am experiencing random and very frustrating crashes accessing a Foxpro
2.5 database using VB6 DAO.  The problem/crash is reported as

"VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL".

sometimes I also get...

"VB6 caused invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL".

The crashes occur while using the executable program as well as in the
programming environment.  They occur when the database tables are
located on a server or locally on the workstation.

I've tried everything I can think of, yes even the MSN support database.
Heres a few things I have tried.

1.      Tried using every DAO reference available to me.  2.5/3.0,
        2.5/3.1, 3.0 & 3.51.  Maybe fewer crashes with 2.5/3.0 but still
        problems.  Note: once a crash occurs they become much more
        frequent until I re-boot.
2.      Made sure I close all Recordsets and Databases (Rs.Close,
        Db.Close) within the Procedure.  Have also tried setting
        database to nothing (Set Db = Nothing)
3.      If I copy the Foxpro DBF tables to the local drive, remove the
        index files (CDX) and the INF files I get a very stable program.
        Unfortunately, this is not a practical solution since the
        database is used by other programs that require the indexes.

Heres how I access the database

Dim Db As Database
Dim Sh As Recordset
Dim SQLQ As String

Set Db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(Trim$(Local_DatabasePath),
False, True, "Foxpro 2.5;")

SQLQ = <string query>

Set Sh = Db.OpenRecordset(SQLQ, dbOpenSnapshot)  'or dbOpenDynaset

Ive started trying to convert everything to ADO but found that many of
my queries are not compatible so would sure like to stay with DAO.

I would appreciate any suggestions.  Sorry for the long question.
Thanks.

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:48:35 GMT

1. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL at 014f:6604b3ce

2. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL

3. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module vba332.dll

4. Winword caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL

5. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

6. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

7. IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL

8. wscript caused invalid page fault in module msado15.dll

9. VB32 caused an invalid page fault in module V32.DLL

10. Invalid Page Fault (IPF) in msxbse35.dll

11. Invalid Page Fault (IPF) in msxbse35.dll

12. Help ! VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL