VB6, ListBox and YOU! (me, really)
Author Message
 VB6, ListBox and YOU! (me, really)

Hi,

Writing a program that has a ListBox control on it. I know how to add/remove items from the
ListBox, but the problem I have runs deeper than that. I want to be able to take what I add to
the ListBox, and write it to a PLAIN TEXT file for later viewing. Is it possible to write each
line in the list to a text file?

I have searched HIGH and low for a way to do this, but have come up dry each and every time. If
anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance,

Seymour Butts,
Large Bottomed Person
Large Bottoms Co., Inc.
St. Louis, MO.
USA

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6, ListBox and YOU! (me, really)

Quote:

>the ListBox, and write it to a PLAIN TEXT file for later viewing. Is it possible to write each
>line in the list to a text file?
>I have searched HIGH and low for a way to do this, but have come up dry each and every time. If
>anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

First look up the 'ListCount' property in the help, then look up the 'List'
property. Finally, look up 'Print #'.

Those should give you everything you'll need.

Alan

(with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6, ListBox and YOU! (me, really)

2. Fill a listbox with the contents of a file really fast

3. Really basic Listbox question

4. Really Stupid ListBox Question

5. access 97/vb6 question that's probably really obvious :)

6. Feeling really stupid (vb6 question)

7. Really nasty bug in VB6 IDE

8. VB6--Empty Text File Not really empty

9. VB6- Vb and Excell – really need you help

10. Really really stuck on this one. (QBasic Question)

11. This is a really really dumb question.

12. HELP - Really, really simple printer questions