Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11
Author Message
 Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11

Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11 :

I open a table (non exsclusively) in an  access database 2.0 using VB 4.0.
Then I open the same table (non exclusively) using access. So far so good. I
can change the data of all the fields in access. But from the moment I set an
index to that table using VB, I can't change the values any more from any of
the indexfields using access. I get the message that user admin has locked the
table. I still can change non-index fields. To be able to change the value of
the indexfields using access, i have to close the database (closing the index
or the table is not enough) in VB. I did not have this problem using VB 3.0

Tnx

Sat, 15 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11

I just started using CR to print a simple mailing list onto labels from
VB, but I can't quite figure out how to to select only certain rows from
my database to print.  I set up my CR file to my "Addresses" table, and
set the format of the report.  In VB, I have the following code:

    JobNum% = PEOpenPrintJob(App.Path + "\joe.rpt")
    result% = PEOutputToPrinter(JobNum%, 1)
    result% = PEStartPrintJob(JobNum%, False)
    PEClosePrintJob (JobNum%)
    PECloseEngine

Of course, this prints the entire database, but I do have an ID field in
this database that I'd like to use to print only certain rows.  (ie. Print
only those entries where ID=SchoolAddresses)

How do I do this?

Thanks - John

Sat, 15 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11

You are suppose to make a Query.
The Crystal Report must be connected to a query you made.
That's all...

Quote:
>I just started using CR to print a simple mailing list onto labels from
>VB, but I can't quite figure out how to to select only certain rows from
>my database to print.  I set up my CR file to my "Addresses" table, and
>set the format of the report.  In VB, I have the following code:
>    JobNum% = PEOpenPrintJob(App.Path + "\joe.rpt")
>    result% = PEOutputToPrinter(JobNum%, 1)
>    result% = PEStartPrintJob(JobNum%, False)
>    PEClosePrintJob (JobNum%)
>    PECloseEngine
>Of course, this prints the entire database, but I do have an ID field in
>this database that I'd like to use to print only certain rows.  (ie. Print
>only those entries where ID=SchoolAddresses)
>How do I do this?
>Thanks - John

Sun, 16 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11

: Of course, this prints the entire database, but I do have an ID field in
: this database that I'd like to use to print only certain rows.  (ie. Print
: only those entries where ID=SchoolAddresses)

: How do I do this?

Presumably, your report is based on a table in a database you specified.
If so you need to create a query on that table, within the same
database.  You can set the query only to return records with the criteria
you specify.  You can then set your crystal report to look at that query,
and not the original table.

Hope this helps.

--
+      .         :           +             .        Eddie Talbot (In Person)

Tue, 18 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0 for WFW 3.11

2. Visual Basic 4.0 and MsAccess 2.0

3. 16 bit VB 4.0 install with WFW 3.11

4. Visual Basic 4.0 under WIN 3.11

5. PRB: Connect to SQL on NT 3.5 from WFW 3.11 via TCP/IP sockets

6. Setup doesn't create program group (Wfw 3.11)

7. Reboot from VB4 on WfW 3.11

8. PRB: Connect to SQL on NT 3.5 from WFW 3.11 via TCP/IP sockets

9. WFW 3.11 API Call

10. VB4 Professional on WFW 3.11

11. Long Filenames with WfW 3.11

12. Problem getting Novell username from WfW 3.11