Help Data Conversion: ASCII fixed format to MS Access 97
Author Message
 Help Data Conversion: ASCII fixed format to MS Access 97

Hi there!

I need to convert a number of flat fixed format ACSII files to MS Access 97.
These flat files have been converted from a legacy COBOL database running
under HP UNIX.

I can convert those flat files whose data format is only of the type X
(string data) either with MA Access 97 Import Wizard, or Data Junction.
However, the data structure of many of these flat files contains numeric
data in the P, Z, J format, as well in the X format. The structure of such
files does not layout properly against data, and I have not been able to use
either MS Access 97 Import Wizard or Data Junction to clearly separate the
fields, and perform the conversions.

I would appreciate it very much if someone out there could suggest a
strategy to handle this conversion problem. I have no experience in
programming in COBOL.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Louis

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP:Fixed-Width Text File to Access 97 DB

2. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

3. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

4. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

5. Access 97 - Invalid data format

6. Importing Lotus Approach OLE Data into MS Access 97

7. Help - Help : Unable to quit ms-access 97

8. Data Replication between SQL Server 7 and MS Access 97

9. Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97

10. Access 2.0 to Access 97 conversion

11. access 2.0 to access 97 date conversion bug

12. Access 2 To Access 97 Conversion Problem