Dbase record marked as deleted
Author Message
 Dbase record marked as deleted

I am working on a application that uses existing dbaseIV files.  When I
delete a record with vb the record is marked as deleted, but is still
shown.  I followed the on-line help to re-initialize the isam
characteristics for dbase file with no success.  How can I get my vb
application to not show records marked for deletion without having to
pack the dbase databases.

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dbase record marked as deleted

Quote:
> I am working on a application that uses existing dbaseIV files.  When I
> delete a record with vb the record is marked as deleted, but is still
> shown.  I followed the on-line help to re-initialize the isam
> characteristics for dbase file with no success.  How can I get my vb
> application to not show records marked for deletion without having to
> pack the dbase databases.

1. Create a .INI file with the same name as your application.
2. Add the following section and keys/values in this file:
        [dBASE ISAM]
        CollatingSequence=Ascii
        Century=Off
        Date=American
        Mark=47
        Deleted=On
   This last line is the line that should solve your problem.

| Paul Seignette                                           |
| ECN Netherlands Energy Research Foundation,              |
| Unit Energy Engineering / Group Information Engineering  |
| P.O. Box 1, 1755 ZG Petten, The Netherlands              |
| Phone:+31-224-564598, Fax:+31-224-561407                 |

|__________________________________________________________|

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. dbase delete marked records

2. dBase file marked as deleted?

3. delete records marked with checkboxes

4. Deleted/Marked records in FoxPro

5. Deleting records in Dbase

6. How to indicate if Dbase record is deleted?

7. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

8. Deleting dBase records

9. Dbase 3 - Bypassing deleted records problem....

10. VB Deleting dbase Records

11. dBASE deleted records

12. dBASE + VB 4.0 - Records not deleting?