VB Data Form Wizard error
Author Message
 VB Data Form Wizard error

Hi
I'm using an access 2000 database and following is working ok
  Dim dbData As Database
  Dim rsPtr As Recordset
  Dim rsTtr As Recordset

  Set dbData = OpenDatabase("c:\skirent\db5.mdb")
  Set rsPtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Prismatris1", dbOpenDynaset)
  Set rsTtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Txt_Tabell", dbOpenDynaset)

I decided to administer the database from within VB to not have to start
access.
The VB Data Form Wizard gives  'Unrecognized database format', what
happens??

/Henning

Sat, 21 May 2005 03:53:17 GMT
 VB Data Form Wizard error
This is the usual Access reply when you try to open a higher
version of Access than your last previous running Access.exe.
Typically, attempting to open an Access 2k MDB with A97; or
A97 with A95.

Keep in mind, even if you are running both A2K and A97 on your
PC, and you specify A2K, if you have just closed A97, then, by
default, when you start Access you will get A97. I think
OpenDatabase falls under this rule very nicely.

Quote:
> Hi
> I'm using an access 2000 database and following is working
> ok
>   Dim dbData As Database
>   Dim rsPtr As Recordset
>   Dim rsTtr As Recordset

>   Set dbData = OpenDatabase("c:\skirent\db5.mdb")
>   Set rsPtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Prismatris1",
>   dbOpenDynaset) Set rsTtr =
>   dbData.OpenRecordset("Txt_Tabell", dbOpenDynaset)

> I decided to administer the database from within VB to not
> have to start access.
> The VB Data Form Wizard gives  'Unrecognized database
> format', what happens??

> /Henning

Sat, 21 May 2005 04:24:57 GMT
 VB Data Form Wizard error
Quote:

> Hi
> I'm using an access 2000 database and following is working ok
>   Dim dbData As Database
>   Dim rsPtr As Recordset
>   Dim rsTtr As Recordset

>   Set dbData = OpenDatabase("c:\skirent\db5.mdb")
>   Set rsPtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Prismatris1", dbOpenDynaset)
>   Set rsTtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Txt_Tabell", dbOpenDynaset)

> I decided to administer the database from within VB to not have to
> start access.
> The VB Data Form Wizard gives  'Unrecognized database format', what
> happens??

Check Project-->References. Access 2000 is ADO 2.6, or DAO 3.6.
VB will generally default to 2.5 or 3.51, which is Access 97. Or an even
earlier version.

If you intend to deploy this using the Package & Deployment Wizard,
you'll also want to consult
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q217754&

Terry Austin

Sat, 21 May 2005 04:42:19 GMT
 VB Data Form Wizard error
Yes, I had the same error in my code before adding a reference to 'Microsoft
DAO 3.6 Object Library'. After that the accessing from code works just fine.
What do I have to do to make the Data Form Wizard happy?

Quote:
> This is the usual Access reply when you try to open a higher
> version of Access than your last previous running Access.exe.
> Typically, attempting to open an Access 2k MDB with A97; or
> A97 with A95.

> Keep in mind, even if you are running both A2K and A97 on your
> PC, and you specify A2K, if you have just closed A97, then, by
> default, when you start Access you will get A97. I think
> OpenDatabase falls under this rule very nicely.

> > Hi
> > I'm using an access 2000 database and following is working
> > ok
> >   Dim dbData As Database
> >   Dim rsPtr As Recordset
> >   Dim rsTtr As Recordset

> >   Set dbData = OpenDatabase("c:\skirent\db5.mdb")
> >   Set rsPtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Prismatris1",
> >   dbOpenDynaset) Set rsTtr =
> >   dbData.OpenRecordset("Txt_Tabell", dbOpenDynaset)

> > I decided to administer the database from within VB to not
> > have to start access.
> > The VB Data Form Wizard gives  'Unrecognized database
> > format', what happens??

> > /Henning

Sat, 21 May 2005 05:08:49 GMT
 VB Data Form Wizard error
Fixed by installing Visual Studio SP5
Thanx for help

Quote:
> Hi
> I'm using an access 2000 database and following is working ok
>   Dim dbData As Database
>   Dim rsPtr As Recordset
>   Dim rsTtr As Recordset

>   Set dbData = OpenDatabase("c:\skirent\db5.mdb")
>   Set rsPtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Prismatris1", dbOpenDynaset)
>   Set rsTtr = dbData.OpenRecordset("Txt_Tabell", dbOpenDynaset)

> I decided to administer the database from within VB to not have to start
> access.
> The VB Data Form Wizard gives  'Unrecognized database format', what
> happens??

> /Henning

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:33:25 GMT

1. application wizard and data form wizard get fatal error when opening

2. Data Form Wizard Error 30

3. Used Data Form Wizard but still and error

4. Data Form Wizard Error

5. error in data form wizard in VB6 SP5

6. error in data form wizard in VB6 SP5

7. Error in data form wizard

8. Error when trying to use Data Form Wizard

9. 60:Out of memory error in Data Form Wizard

10. Help...Error with Data Form Wizard

11. error in data form wizard in VB6 SP5

12. Error in data form wizard