Insufficient Stack Space
Author Message
 Insufficient Stack Space

I am programming a small voice/telephone processing system with a
commercial vbx tool (VBVoice).  (I am using VB 3.0, Prof Ed).  I attempted
to open a database table and VB reported that I did not have enough stack
space for the operation.  I would like for someone to explain to me the
root cause of the problem and whether any of my following suggested
remedies will work:
1) Perhaps I have too many controls on my forms and they are eating up
stack space.  If so, I could reprogram to reduce the component count and
make them do double and triple duty.  Of course I'd rather not, if I don't
have to.  It would involve nearly a total re-write!
2) Perhaps there is only a limited amount of stack space allocated for a
MDI application and if I removed the MDI form (and changed all of the
child forms accordingly) then I would suddenly be blessed with more stack
space.
3) Perhaps there is a way to increase the allocated stack space from
within VB - NOT.
That's it.  I'm fresh out of ideas.  Please e-mail responses to me on AOL

Thanks, Randy

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Insufficient Stack Space

Quote:
>3) Perhaps there is a way to increase the allocated stack space from
>within VB - NOT.

        a) You might have a recursive problem somewere. Likely an event that triggers
something which ends up calling itself

        b) You can extend the stack with modification of the EXE. There's an article
somewhere. But I think this might be merely a band aid on a leaky pipe.

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any

 \------------------------------------------------------------\

    \     Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure     \
     \------------------------------------------------------------\

Quote:
>>SQUID - The ultimate 95/NT offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Thu, 25 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 28 : Insufficient Space Stack

2. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

3. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

4. Space Space Space Space Space Space Space

5. out of memory - insufficient variable space vb 3.0

6. Help - Insufficient Variable Space

7. Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

8. Out of Memory - Insufficient variable space

9. Insufficient Variable Space and a Large Project?

10. Out of memory - insufficient variable space

11. insufficient space in the emulator???

12. Out of stack space