Passing parameters to Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

I have a requirement that I need to be able to pass certain parameters
from my VB frontend to an already existing Crystal Report.  I haven't
been able to find any way to do this using the Crystal OCX, and quite
honestly I don't know how to pass a parameter to an existing report.  If
anyone has done this, and would be willing to email me their code, it
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason

Jason Thompson

Tue, 05 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

What types of parameters are you sending?  If you are just trying to select
specific records for your report, use the Crystal Reports.SelectionFormula
property for your CR OCX.  If you can tell me more about how you are using
the parameters, maybe I can help more.

Wed, 06 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

I also have a similar question....I just want to have the user filer out the
records, say by entering a serial number to have only those records show up.
Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks alot....also I am very familiar with
Access, but have only been programming VB for about a week, so more detail
would be better :)  Thanks alot! :)
Chris

Quote:

> What types of parameters are you sending?  If you are just trying to select
> specific records for your report, use the Crystal Reports.SelectionFormula
> property for your CR OCX.  If you can tell me more about how you are using
> the parameters, maybe I can help more.

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

This is a very simple example of controlling a crystal report from VB5

        frmCheck.cryLabSoft.Formulas(0) = "fldJobNumber= '" & strJobNumber
& "'"

Have a read of the Help file for Crystal Reports.

Regards
Nick Kirlew

Quote:
> I also have a similar question....I just want to have the user filer out
the
> records, say by entering a serial number to have only those records show
up.
> Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks alot....also I am very familiar
with
> Access, but have only been programming VB for about a week, so more
detail
> would be better :)  Thanks alot! :)
> Chris

> > What types of parameters are you sending?  If you are just trying to
select
> > specific records for your report, use the Crystal

Reports.SelectionFormula

> > property for your CR OCX.  If you can tell me more about how you are
using
> > the parameters, maybe I can help more.

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing parameters to crystal report

2. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

3. Passing parameter to Crystal Reports

4. Pass parameters to Crystal Reports?

5. Passing Parameter in Crystal Report

6. Passing Parameter to Crystal Reports?

7. Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

8. How can I pass parameters into Crystal reports?

9. Passing parameters to Crystal Report

10. problem passing parameters to crystal reports

11. Passing Parameters To CRYSTAL REPORT OBJECT

12. passing parameters in crystal reports