VB 5.0 Install problem
Author Message
 VB 5.0 Install problem

I have just upgraded my PC to a Dell with Win 98 and copied across all my
projects to the new PC. However, when I opened one it came up with an error
about an unregistered ocx, which turned out to be the Common Dialogue
Control.

I thought this would easy to fix and used the Project | Add Components to
locate the COMDLG32.ocx file and load it.

This did not work. On my old Win 95 PC, the control was marked 5.0 SP2 but
on the new it is marked 6.0 and worse says it is unlicensed (License
Information for this component cannot be found. You do not have an
appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment".

I guess this is an old problem with an easy solution. Can someone tell me
what it is or a link where to look

John M

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 Install problem
Its alright I found the solution on
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/dev/_acc/devinfo/vb5patch.htm

John M

> I have just upgraded my PC to a Dell with Win 98 and copied across all my
> projects to the new PC. However, when I opened one it came up with an
error
> about an unregistered ocx, which turned out to be the Common Dialogue
> Control.

> I thought this would easy to fix and used the Project | Add Components to
> locate the COMDLG32.ocx file and load it.

> This did not work. On my old Win 95 PC, the control was marked 5.0 SP2 but
> on the new it is marked 6.0 and worse says it is unlicensed (License
> Information for this component cannot be found. You do not have an
> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment".

> I guess this is an old problem with an easy solution. Can someone tell me
> what it is or a link where to look

> John M

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 Install problem
I think almost every VB5.0 user has come across this problem at one time or
another. The solution is to download Microsoft's patch (Yes, you've guessed
it, it's a bug).

Try this site :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=22697

Hope this helps

Mike

Quote:
> I have just upgraded my PC to a Dell with Win 98 and copied across all my
> projects to the new PC. However, when I opened one it came up with an
error
> about an unregistered ocx, which turned out to be the Common Dialogue
> Control.

> I thought this would easy to fix and used the Project | Add Components to
> locate the COMDLG32.ocx file and load it.

> This did not work. On my old Win 95 PC, the control was marked 5.0 SP2 but
> on the new it is marked 6.0 and worse says it is unlicensed (License
> Information for this component cannot be found. You do not have an
> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment".

> I guess this is an old problem with an easy solution. Can someone tell me
> what it is or a link where to look

> John M

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with VB 5.0 apps after VB 6.0 install

2. Install Shield 5.0 with VB 5.0 App

3. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

4. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

5. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

6. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

7. Bare bones VB 5.0 Install

8. Installing VB 5.0 Professional Edition

9. VB 5.0 - Windows protection error after install

10. VB 5.0 - Install question

11. Illegal operation when Installing VB 5.0

12. Installing SQL Driver with application developed in VB 5.0