How can I copy an SQL selection to an empty temp table
Author Message
 How can I copy an SQL selection to an empty temp table

Hi Id like to to copy an SQL selection to an empty Temporary table

to use as a print pointer for my Crystal Report sheet.

is it possible or is there an other solution to print with crystal report

something we just choose in our program.

please help

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I copy an SQL selection to an empty temp table
Yes,

You make a table which consist of an identifier and a text  field for the
SQL.
You can then get the data by using "DLookUp"
Like

strSQL= DLookup .....
docmd.runSQL strSQL

Kind regards

Michael

Quote:
> Hi Id like to to copy an SQL selection to an empty Temporary table

> to use as a print pointer for my Crystal report sheet.

> is it possible or is there an other solution to print with crystal report

> something we just choose in our program.

> please help

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I copy an SQL selection to an empty temp table
Fredycat,

I have done that on several occasions because Crystal is so Slow. When the
user presses the print button or menu, Delete all the records from your
temporary table and have VB compile your report data to the temporary table
then call your Crystal Report on that Flat table. This allows Crystal to do
what it does best, Make data pretty.Another option if you are using a server
side RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server is to use a view as the basis for your
report. In any event, taking the query processing away from Crystal Reports
will definitely speed up your applications because Crystal's query engine is
so slow. I have spent a lot of time dancing around Crystal Report's
performance limitaions.
Good Luck
JT

JT

Quote:

> Hi Id like to to copy an SQL selection to an empty Temporary table

> to use as a print pointer for my Crystal report sheet.

> is it possible or is there an other solution to print with crystal report

> something we just choose in our program.

> please help

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disappearing SQL Server Temp Tables when ActiveX DLL

2. SQL Server & Temp tables

3. Disappearing SQL Server Temp Tables when ActiveX DLL

4. SQL Temp Table

5. copy an empty table

6. SQL 7 Views and Temp Tables Performance

7. temp tables - ADO - MS SQL Server

8. SQL Server Temp Tables

9. SQL temp table result

10. SQL Server Temp Tables in VB 6.0

11. Mysteriously Vanishing SQL Server Temp Tables...

12. Temp table in SQL server