ADO / SQL 6.5 / Text Fields
Author Message
 ADO / SQL 6.5 / Text Fields

This is a post for a friend of mine.  Please email either him or I

I am continually getting a run-time error "-2147217887 (80040e21): Errors
occurred" when I try and access a field in a SQL Server Table with a "text"
datatype, size 16.  I am currently using ADO.  The same error occurs if I use a
view and a stored procedure.

Does anybody know why this is a problem. in VB5

Clint LaFever
Software Engineer
SAIC

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO / SQL 6.5 / Text Fields

Quote:

>I'm having the same trouble.  I don't get the error the first time I read
the
>recordset, but instead the second time.  I worked around it by saving the
text
>values I need into a variable and using the variable from then on.

>-Dave Scotese

I too was having the same problem until I came across KB article Q175239.

Now if I am very careful to have BLOB/text fields in the last columns of the
results set and access them last, I no longer get this error.

Nicholas Jackson

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. Space in Field Name,SQL 6.5 ADO

3. ADO, SQL 6.5 and VarChar Fields

4. VB5/ADO/SQL 6.5 currency field update fails?

5. Max number of fields in an ADO/Sql 6.5 query

6. Project: Retrieving text fields from SQL Server 6.5

7. Text/Memo Fields in SQL 6.5

8. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

9. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

10. Delete a field in SQL Server 6.5

11. Image Fields - VB6, SQL 6.5

12. Headbang: Annoyed users, trailing spaces, SQL 6.5 field length, txt box, MaxLength