Findfirst/Findnext problem!!
Author Message
 Findfirst/Findnext problem!!

Try putting a DateTime-Stamp or extra field on the Database to identify
which records are 'new'. Then create a new recordset with only the new
data.
A DateTime-Stamp would be easier as it only needs to be set when the record
is created. You can then filter for records created within a set time
period, i.e. From the start of the Input phase onwards.

Quote:
> I want to search an access database for duplicate serial numbers, but
only
> the ones I just put in. If duplicates are found- I want to rename these
> #A, #B...etc. I need to start my search after the last OLD record and go
> down the newly added ones. BUt my search seems to go to the last record
and
> flip around. I finally managed to solve this problem but the code is
> sssoooooo sloppy and so I don't have much confidence in it. How can this
be
> done cleanly??????

> David

-            Paul Minshall               -

-  Web: http:\\www.paul-min.demon.co.uk  -
-                                        -
- ( Remove ABCD for correct address )    -
-                                        -

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Findfirst/Findnext problem!!

I want to search an access database for duplicate serial numbers, but only
the ones I just put in. If duplicates are found- I want to rename these to
#A, #B...etc. I need to start my search after the last OLD record and go
down the newly added ones. BUt my search seems to go to the last record and
flip around. I finally managed to solve this problem but the code is
sssoooooo sloppy and so I don't have much confidence in it. How can this be
done cleanly??????

David

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Findfirst/Findnext problem!!

Quote:

> I want to search an access database for duplicate serial numbers, but only
> the ones I just put in. If duplicates are found- I want to rename these to
> #A, #B...etc. I need to start my search after the last OLD record and go
> down the newly added ones. BUt my search seems to go to the last record and
> flip around. I finally managed to solve this problem but the code is
> sssoooooo sloppy and so I don't have much confidence in it. How can this be
> done cleanly??????

If you were to make your serial number column an indexed one, with
no duplicates, I think you'd find that this is a non-problem.

Paul Sampson____Principal Consultant Onyx Systems______Onyx Internet
Zetland Buildings__Exchange Square__Middlesbrough__TS1 1DE__UK 33711 \\/+

BB 74 A4 EF 03 F8 44 C1 F3 75 FE C6 7E F9 6E 43  http://www.onyx.net >--<

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Findfirst/Findnext problem!!

2. Findfirst, findnext problem

3. Problems with findfirst/findnext VB40_W95

4. FindFirst, FindNext etc... problem

5. FindFirst, FindNext, Seek - naive(?) question

6. Seek Vs FindFirst/FindNext

7. FindFirst and FindNext with data

8. Please help with FindFirst, FindNext, etc.

9. How to perform Findfirst or FindNext on Table Object

10. How can I use variables in FindFirst/FindNext criteria

11. FINDFIRST, FINDNEXT, ...

12. findfirst,findnext