Reading a password protected MDB with VB
Author Message
 Reading a password protected MDB with VB

I have a password protected MDB. I have to read it with ADO and DAO.
The problem:  I supply the password in the connection string but it leads to
an error nessage: "Can't  start your application. Teh workgroup file is
missing or opened exlusively  by another user".
I know the file exists and there is no another user.
I shall appreciate any help

Dov

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading a password protected MDB with VB
I had this recently and my problem was that I had opened the mdb file
to change the password and when I reopened access did it exclusively.
If its the same problem you need to make sure that you don't have
access open at the same time. Also check the connection properties and
make sure that you have located the privider is
 'microsoft Jet OLE DB provider'
make sure you locate the path of the file and set the password

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading a password protected MDB with VB
You might be interested in the following reference:
Migrating from DAO to ADO
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/daotoadoupdate.htm

I had the same problem. Now solved. In my case, it all had
to do with having these three references properly installed

Microsoft Active X Data Objects 2.1 library
Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.1 for DDL and security
Microsoft Jet an Replication Objects 2.1 Library

I moved these three up on the list of references (higher
priority), and then it worked.

Petter

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open the password protected MDB with VB

2. Password protected Access.mdb from VB?

3. Password protected Access.mdb from VB?

4. how vb handles Winziped .mdb file with password protected

5. how vb handles Winziped .mdb file with password protected

6. how vb handles Winziped .mdb file with password protected

7. how vb handles Winziped .mdb file with password protected

8. Problems with ADO Data Control connecting to a Password Protected MDB

9. Problem opening a password protected .MDB

10. VB5 and PASSWORD Protected MDB file.

11. VB4 with password protected MDB

12. Is MDB File Password Protected?