Need VB advice !
Author Message
 Need VB advice !

Dear VB Guru,

I have a question regarding VB and the Web. I am a
Webmaster who is upgrading his skills. I have looked
over the newspaper have noticed that many
Internet/Intranet related jobs mention VB experience
as one of the requirements. I am just trying to figure
out were VB fits in ? I realize VBScript is used for
client / server scripting. I realize that custom ActiveX
components can be built within VB 5.0. I also realize
that Intranets are the new cross platform client/server
interface to databases. So, what else is VB used for in
the Web world (besides internet software dev.)?
I mean NO disrespect to you as a VB person by asking
this kind of question, I am sincerely
puzzled.

Thank you for your help in advance !

Sincerely,

Mike McMillan

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5

2. Need VB Version Advice

3. Object Oriented VB - Need advice

4. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

5. need advice to convert VB app to ASP!

6. Need advice - is VB up to the job?????

7. Need advice about Codebase 6.2 and VB 5.0

8. Need some advice on SQL Server/VB

9. need advice on VB database books

10. An experienced VB guy going to .NET needs advice

11. interfacing VB and matlab...need advice

12. Advice needed for VB App Deployment