StillExecuting returning False even though query hasn't finished
Author Message
 StillExecuting returning False even though query hasn't finished

Good Morning,

I have an interesting problem that I hope someone out there can help me
with.  I am attempting to run an asyncronous query.  I have performed the
following steps:-

1.  Open up an exclusive connection (I have done so using both ServerSide
and UseODBC)
2.  Run an Asyncronous query using .OpenRecordset( f_str_SQLRecordCount,
dbOpenSnapshot, dbRunAsync)
3. Used an While .StillExecuting - DoEvents - Wend loop
4. Accessed the properties of the returned recordset.

The problem is that the .StillExecuting always returns False.  The query IS
still executing, as when I try to access the properties, I receive an error
3667 (A different operation is...)

I am probably missing something simple here, such as using a wrong argument
in opening the connection or recordset, but I have mucked around with
different parameters, and received the same result.

I have tested both with SQL Server and Oracle and received the same error.
I know how the process is supposed to work, but the .StillExecuting property
always seems to be False

Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

--
Regards,

Michael D. Cole
Mercury Computer Systems
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 StillExecuting returning False even though query hasn't finished
Ignore the previous message.  My stupidity.
Was using the Connections property rather than the recordsets.

Quote:
> Good Morning,

> I have an interesting problem that I hope someone out there can help me
> with.  I am attempting to run an asyncronous query.  I have performed the
> following steps:-

> 1.  Open up an exclusive connection (I have done so using both ServerSide
> and UseODBC)
> 2.  Run an Asyncronous query using .OpenRecordset( f_str_SQLRecordCount,
> dbOpenSnapshot, dbRunAsync)
> 3. Used an While .StillExecuting - DoEvents - Wend loop
> 4. Accessed the properties of the returned recordset.

> The problem is that the .StillExecuting always returns False.  The query
IS
> still executing, as when I try to access the properties, I receive an
error
> 3667 (A different operation is...)

> I am probably missing something simple here, such as using a wrong
argument
> in opening the connection or recordset, but I have mucked around with
> different parameters, and received the same result.

> I have tested both with SQL Server and Oracle and received the same error.
> I know how the process is supposed to work, but the .StillExecuting
property
> always seems to be False

> Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

> --
> Regards,

> Michael D. Cole
> Mercury Computer Systems
> http://www.mercsys.com.au

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA doesn't see a report ctrl as Null even though it is

2. activeX won't download, even though security set to low

3. Platform Manager won't connect even though ActiveSync works fine

4. false stillexecuting, help?

5. Inet object property stillexecuting remains false

6. Db opening Exclusive even though I say Shared

7. VB Executables Change Even Though Source Does Not

8. Blank last page even though supressed

9. Opening an empty recordset even though the opened table has data

10. VB Executables Change Even Though Source Does Not

11. The elimination of the mail which hasn't been transmitted

12. Amazon hasn't shipped J. McManus Book