Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM
Author Message
 Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

Who can help?

I am trying to update data in a text file (with bound controls...) and I get
an error message

"Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM"

Double Dutch to me... But I NEED to do it...Who can help?

Thanks in advance,

Alain, UK

(I use VB 5)

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM
Try reading the data from the text file into a dimensioned Type array. Once
you've finished editing write the data back to the file - it's a bit crass I
know but it's the only way I've found of doing it so far (this would be a
single user solution). There is an alternative using the file record lengths
as well but that really is Double Dutch!!

Davy Brown

Quote:
> Who can help?

> I am trying to update data in a text file (with bound controls...) and I
get
> an error message

> "Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM"

> Double Dutch to me... But I NEED to do it...Who can help?

> Thanks in advance,

> Alain, UK

> (I use VB 5)

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Update / Delete linked text file data

2. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

3. Vb 4.0 Problems updating Text Boxes from Combo Box linked to Data Control

4. The best way to update two linked tables - Help

5. CAB files not updating on client side when VBscript is updated

6. oledb: foxpro index file not updating after inserts and updates

7. Help: Update PowerPoint slide Text from a flat text file from within VB

8. Stop link update in linked source file

9. UPDATING TABLE WITH TEXT FILE

10. ADODB does not update Text files

11. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

12. Updating a userproperty with data in a text file