Activex Control on Web Page w/Database connectivity
Author Message
 Activex Control on Web Page w/Database connectivity

 In theory, an Activex control which connects & uses data from a database
should be able to be compiled & added to a web page . Normally, my database
will be in the same directory as my program.

 So, does anyone know for sure that if you put the cab files and the
database in the same directory as the web pages -- that this will work
correctly?

David Wier
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dwier

Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Activex Control on Web Page w/Database connectivity

David,

According to the Microsoft Support folks, it depends on the type of data
access you use.  If you use DAO or RDO, then the users must be able to
connect to your database, which means that they can connect to the database
even without the web page.  If you use ADO, then the connection will be
made via HTTP and therefore the connection will be made through the
IIS_USER User ID instead of the user's User ID.
--
Lance King
Work: 770-801-4502

Take out "nospam." to send message.

Quote:
>  In theory, an Activex control which connects & uses data from a database
> should be able to be compiled & added to a web page . Normally, my
database
> will be in the same directory as my program.

>  So, does anyone know for sure that if you put the cab files and the
> database in the same directory as the web pages -- that this will work
> correctly?

> David Wier
> http://www.flash.net/~dwier

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modify an database from an activeX control in a web page

2. Modify an database from an activeX control in a web page

3. ActiveX control on Web page <-> Database

4. Urgent Help needed : Web Database Connectivity using VB5

5. Urgent : Web database connectivity using VB5

6. web database connectivity

7. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

8. ActiveX control from Web Page

9. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

10. Using ActiveX control in web page?

11. HELP: Using ActiveX Control in web page

12. help needed with database connectivity --- ActiveX DLL