Delete and Update-problems with ODBC
Author Message
 Delete and Update-problems with ODBC

Hello,

I have a problem with updating and deleting records via ODBC in Visual
Basic.
Im using an Oracle 7.3 database with 32-bit ODBC.

The following methods work for my recordset :
 .MoveNext
.AddNew followed by .Update
The following methods dont work :
.MoveFirst
.Edit followed by .Update

The error I receive is:
- ODBC call failed. (Error 3146).

The recordset is constructed like this:

Dim MainWS As Workspace
Dim dbTemp As Database
Dim sDAOConnect As String
Dim rscompany As Recordset

sDAOConnect = "ODBC;DSN=namedb;UID=userid;PWD=password;Database=namedb"
Set MainWs = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", "admin", _
          "", dbUseODBC)
Set dbTemp = MainWS.OpenDatabase("COMPANY", _
        dbDriverNoPrompt, False,  sDAOConnect)

Set rscompany = CodaDB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM COMPANY", _
        dbOpenDynamic, 0, dbOptimistic)

Please email me if you have an idea what could be the problem.
Eric.

Sat, 23 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. A problem about ODBC API cursor positioned update and delete

2. 01S03 [Microsoft][ODBC Library] No rows updated or deleted

3. Error: 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

4. Error : 40002 - 01S03: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]No rows updated or deleted

5. problems with Recordset updates and deletes

6. Problem adding/updating/deleting records

7. ADO problem with Add's/delete/updates

8. PROBLEM: Accessing Foxpro table(delete, update, insert)

9. Problem adding/updating/deleting records

10. ADO update/delete problem

11. STRANGE ADO queries update and delete problems

12. ADO Batch Update Delete problem