ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db
Author Message
 ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db

Hi,

Thanks for reading this.

I am a VB developer in a tight situation where I have to connect to a
Lotus Domino database for reading data from documents.

I am doing a lot of trial and error steps to establish a link using ODBC
to the domino db. I installed Lotus Notes, tried to configure ODBC and
so on. But not able to connect from my VB program.

It will be a big favor if you could help me with the setup and ODBC
connection.

Would appreciate if I can get some sample code.

Thanks and Bye
Venu

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db
I don't know any ODBC, but if you have to resort to using OLE just e-mail me
and I'll do what I can to step you through.

Quote:

--
Michael Fariborz
Software Engineer

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db
I have downloaded an ODBC from Lotus website quite sometime back. I can then
use it to access Lotus Notes from VB (sending emails via Notes from my VB
program).

Do let me know if you cannot locate the ODBC. But I was using Lotus Note
4.5. Not too sure about Domino.

-EK

Quote:

>Hi,

>Thanks for reading this.

>I am a VB developer in a tight situation where I have to connect to a
>Lotus Domino database for reading data from documents.

>I am doing a lot of trial and error steps to establish a link using ODBC
>to the domino db. I installed Lotus Notes, tried to configure ODBC and
>so on. But not able to connect from my VB program.

>It will be a big favor if you could help me with the setup and ODBC
>connection.

>Would appreciate if I can get some sample code.

>Thanks and Bye
>Venu

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db
To use ODBC you need the Notes SQL driver for ODBC before you can
connect VB apps to Notes database. You should be able to find it from
http://www.lotus.com itself, under Products and look for Notes SQL and not
ODBC

Once you installed this driver, you probably need to configure the ODBC
setting
from the Control Panel's 32bit ODBC manager.

I understand it works both ways.

There are some sample scripts at Lotus Developer site too.

Quote:

>Hi,

>Thanks for reading this.

>I am a VB developer in a tight situation where I have to connect to a
>Lotus Domino database for reading data from documents.

>I am doing a lot of trial and error steps to establish a link using ODBC
>to the domino db. I installed Lotus Notes, tried to configure ODBC and
>so on. But not able to connect from my VB program.

>It will be a big favor if you could help me with the setup and ODBC
>connection.

>Would appreciate if I can get some sample code.

>Thanks and Bye
>Venu

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC connection from VB to LotusNotes Db

2. DB connection to Filemaker Pro 5 via ODBC?

3. ODBC/Db-Lib connection

4. odbc connections to oracle db

5. DB connection to Filemaker Pro 5 via ODBC?

6. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling

7. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling

8. Sending LotusNotes e-mail thru VB 5.0

9. ODBC Connection Strings for LDAP<->ODBC in Visual Basic for MS Access

10. ODBC-connection to BASIS ODBC Driver

11. ODBC connections using ODBC

12. Global DB Connections...RunTime Variable used for Design-Time DataAdapter Connection