ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???
Author Message
 ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???

Has anyone ever gotten this to work?
Will it ever work?
I have heard of problems and briefly tried with no success?
Please help.
Thanks

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 22:56:08 GMT
 ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???
: Has anyone ever gotten this to work?
: Will it ever work?
: I have heard of problems and briefly tried with no success?
: Please help.
: Thanks

I regularly use VB with Paradox 4.X tables.  The trick is to use the Access2
engine (by installing Access2) by using the VB Access 2 Compatability Layer
which can be downloaded from ftp.microsoft.com or from Compuserve MSBASIC
forum.  The file is called COMLYR.EXE, as I recall.

You can also use Paradox 4.X tables via ODBC, but this is a significantly
more difficult task than using the new Access2 engine.

  -- Dave R.

Sun, 13 Jul 1997 13:05:14 GMT
 ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???

Quote:

>: Has anyone ever gotten this to work?
>: Will it ever work?
>: I have heard of problems and briefly tried with no success?
>: Please help.
>: Thanks

>I regularly use VB with Paradox 4.X tables.  The trick is to use the Access2
>engine (by installing Access2) by using the VB Access 2 Compatability Layer
>which can be downloaded from ftp.microsoft.com or from Compuserve MSBASIC
>forum.  The file is called COMLYR.EXE, as I recall.

>You can also use Paradox 4.X tables via ODBC, but this is a significantly
>more difficult task than using the new Access2 engine.

I put in the Paradox run time engine and everything works without a glitch.

>  -- Dave R.

Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:20:01 GMT
 ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???

Quote:

>>: Has anyone ever gotten this to work?
>>: Will it ever work?
>>: I have heard of problems and briefly tried with no success?
>>: Please help.
>>: Thanks

>>I regularly use VB with Paradox 4.X tables.  The trick is to use the Access2
>>engine (by installing Access2) by using the VB Access 2 Compatability Layer
>>which can be downloaded from ftp.microsoft.com or from Compuserve MSBASIC
>>forum.  The file is called COMLYR.EXE, as I recall.

>>You can also use Paradox 4.X tables via ODBC, but this is a significantly
>>more difficult task than using the new Access2 engine.

>I put in the Paradox run time engine and everything works without a glitch.

I too have had no problems (except initial configuration) accessing Paradox
4.x tables.  I have even gotten ODBC working.  One can also access 5.0 tables,
provided that they are structured without the new 5.0 field types.  The
Paradox engine is much faster, however, probably because VB is about thrice
removed from the data (VB -> Comlayer -> Jet -> ISAM -> data)

Sat, 19 Jul 1997 22:44:57 GMT

1. Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox

2. Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox

3. Paradox 4.5 database access

4. odbc driver for paradox 7.0

5. Paradox ODBC driver for the Macintosh

6. ODBC driver to Paradox 7,8,9??

7. ODBC driver to Paradox 7,8,9??

8. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

9. Paradox 4.5 tables

10. How to work with paradox 4.5 inh vb6?

11. VB and Paradox 4.5 for DOS

12. Accessing a Paradox 4.5 table from VB5