Generating a list of DSN's
Author Message
 Generating a list of DSN's

I would like to allow the user to view a list of available
DSN's (user or system) in order that they may
choose one for a database connection. Is this
possible in VB and/or API?

Thanks in advance
M. Smith

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:27:45 GMT
 Generating a list of DSN's
Add a new form to your project and choose the ODBC Login form template.
View the code under the form, it has all the API declarations and calls the
function you are looking for.

Quote:
> I would like to allow the user to view a list of available
> DSN's (user or system) in order that they may
> choose one for a database connection. Is this
> possible in VB and/or API?

> Thanks in advance
> M. Smith

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:40:00 GMT
 Generating a list of DSN's
Thanks Scott

That's just what I was lookong for.

Quote:
> Add a new form to your project and choose the ODBC Login form template.
> View the code under the form, it has all the API declarations and calls
the
> function you are looking for.

> > I would like to allow the user to view a list of available
> > DSN's (user or system) in order that they may
> > choose one for a database connection. Is this
> > possible in VB and/or API?

> > Thanks in advance
> > M. Smith

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:18:58 GMT

1. Generate List of DSN's

2. Generate List of DSN's

3. listing dsn's from the system...

4. DSN's list

5. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

6. VB.NET ODBC.NET limitations solved DSN list / Tables list

7. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

8. List tables in ODBC DSN

9. who to create a list with all DSN

10. DSN List

11. Retrieve a list of ODBC DSN