Data Validation (Newbie)
Author Message
 Data Validation (Newbie)

Hi People

I come from a Progress background which doesn't rely on recordsets and SQL
(per se), but am now learning db programming in VB, and not doing too bad so
far.

However I have a question.

I have a db combo box which uses table a for it's list population. It then
uses table b to store the record id from table a. Now, when I use a form to
update table a, I need to be able to extract all occurances of the record id
(of table a) in table b. I have other criterion which I am verifying, but I
need this first.

I understand I need to use SQL, and I figure something along these lines:

SELECT INTO some_variable_or_other [Course ID] FROM table_a WHERE [Course
Name] = 'text_box_value'

and then

SELECT * FROM table_b WHERE [Course ID] = some_variable_or_other

But not sure if this is the right way to structure the query.

Any and all help appreciated

Darren

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Validation with ADO and Data Grid

2. Newbie -- Validation Question

3. newbie question for field validation against a database

4. Validation?????Newbie needs help

5. Newbie has problems with numeric validation

6. Field validation samples? *newbie*

7. Newbie - Validation problem

8. Problems with a user input data validation module

9. Having Trouble w/Data Validation Code (Acc97)

10. Data Entry Validation with form

11. Data Validation

12. A little help -data validation - transrollback