Text/Memo Fields in SQL 6.5
Author Message
 Text/Memo Fields in SQL 6.5

I'm trying to display text fields in SQL 6.5 in VB5.

I just cant do it.  The problem is I keep getting this error message
when I try and move to another record in my selection; "Operation is not
supported for this type of object".

What am I doing wrong?  I've set up the datasource and datafields
correctly but it just will not display the contents of the field while
it is set as a text field.

If I change the field from a text field to a char of 255 charaters it
works fine, but as a text field it breaks.

I have the "allow nulls" flag set for this field in Visual InterDev so I
dont know if that has any bearing on the problem.

Any help is much appreciated

Chris

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. Project: Retrieving text fields from SQL Server 6.5

3. ADO / SQL 6.5 / Text Fields

4. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

5. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

6. Putting Text with Apostrophe into SQL Server Memo Field

7. SQL Searching For Text in Memo Fields with Binary Data Included

8. Insert Text into a memo field using SQL

9. Need to be able to print a SQL Server 6.5 text (memo) field on a Crystal 5.0 report.

10. Need to be able to print a SQL Server 6.5 text (memo) field on a Crystal 5.0 report.

11. Delete a field in SQL Server 6.5

12. Image Fields - VB6, SQL 6.5