Data Control + DBComboBox Makes DB Read-Only ????
Author Message
 Data Control + DBComboBox Makes DB Read-Only ????

I add records to a database using a DAO Dynaset  .additem, etc.   However
the form where the unbound text fields are has a DBcomboBox bound to a table
to populate its list.   This seems to turn prevent updates with .update,
with the error message that the database is read-only (it isn't).   I am
using a plain ComboBox now instead, but I wonder if there is a way to make
the DBcomboBox work.   This is the setup

Table one:   key, col1, col2, foreign key

Table two  key col1

foreign key  ----->  table2.key

the Data Control has RecordSource = Table2, readonly = false, type = tried
them all, exclusive = false.
the DBComboBox works fine it displays and selects fines, it just stops DAO
updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. Changing data on form by choosing value in (db)combo with data control

3. Copy Data Structures no data DB to DB

4. Making the Outlook View Control Read-Only

5. Read data from DB into combobox?

6. Making masked edit control box READ-ONLY

7. Making masked edit control box READ-ONLY

8. Read data from DB, write to registry via VBscript

9. HTML Controls : Disabling / making Readonly

10. overFlow error in VB while reading data from DB

11. read/write bitmap data to an ORACLE db in VB50

12. Help deleting data fields in DBcombobox