Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0
Author Message
 Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0

Hi all,

I have a problem creating a bound report using Crystal Reports 3.1 pro
and Visual Basic 3.0 pro.

What I have done is this:

   1.   Stick data control + crystal control on a form.

   2.   Set DatabaseName, Connect and RecordSource properties on the
        Data control to point to an existing database. I have tried
        setting the RecordSource property to a table name and an
        SQL query with the same (see below!) results.

   3.   Double-click on auto-design entry in the Crystal properties
        window (vb, design view), and generate a report based on the
        data control.

   4.   Load this report into Crystal Reports, so that I can modify it...

   5.   The report has an empty details line, and the --Bound Control--
        database which appears when you select "Insert/Database Field"
        doesn't have any fields associated with it.

Where am I going wrong? Help!

Joe

--

Sun, 22 Jun 1997 01:42:01 GMT
 Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0

>Hi all,

>I have a problem creating a bound report using Crystal Reports 3.1 pro
>and Visual Basic 3.0 pro.

.
.
.
Quote:
>   5.       The report has an empty details line, and the --Bound Control--
>    database which appears when you select "Insert/Database Field"
>    doesn't have any fields associated with it.

>Where am I going wrong? Help!

>Joe

>--

Joe,

We have had the same problem.  Is your database a secure database?  When we
tried to access a secure access database, we got the same results.  When we
"removed" security, the report was generated correctly.  Hope this helps.

Byron

Sun, 29 Jun 1997 06:24:00 GMT

1. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

2. Access 2.0 and VB Pro 3.0 Crystal Reports

3. Crystal Reports Pro V5 and VB 3.0

4. This program requieres Microsoft (R) Windows version 3.1 or higher (Crystal reports 5.0)

5. Problem with Crystal Reports 4.0 (on Win 3.1)

6. Summarising data from sub-reports in Crystal Reports Pro 5.0

7. VB 3.0 Pro & Reporting

8. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

9. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

10. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

11. Crystal reports & VB 5 Pro