Deploy project using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
Author Message
 Deploy project using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

Hi there,

This is long winded - but I don't know where I've gone wrong so...

I'm trying to deploy a vb project on test machine running win95. I've used
P&D wizard to package. The project uses provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
to connect to access db, but P&D wizard adds msjet35.dll.

 I replaced it with msjet40.dll during packaging- this file won't register
on test machine during install.
Program produces run time error 3706- "can't find specified provider. "

I don't know what else to try. tried to add msjetoledb40.dll - won't
register either I would appreciate any help as this is my first attempt to
deploy a project

Thu, 10 Jun 2004 04:21:45 GMT
 Deploy project using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
If you are using VB 6.0 you have a free version of INSTALLSHEILD on the VB
6.0 CD.  I use it whenever the MS p&D wizard get's flaky and it usually
works better.

Quote:
> Hi there,

> This is long winded - but I don't know where I've gone wrong so...

> I'm trying to deploy a vb project on test machine running win95. I've used
> P&D wizard to package. The project uses provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
> to connect to access db, but P&D wizard adds msjet35.dll.

>  I replaced it with msjet40.dll during packaging- this file won't register
> on test machine during install.
> Program produces run time error 3706- "can't find specified provider. "

> I don't know what else to try. tried to add msjetoledb40.dll - won't
> register either I would appreciate any help as this is my first attempt to
> deploy a project

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:25:46 GMT

1. Updating child recordsets using the Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 provider

2. Access MS Project data via the Microsoft.Project.OLEDB.9.0 in ASP

3. microsoft.jet.oledb.3.51 v.s. microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0

4. microsoft.jet.oledb.3.51 v.s. microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0

5. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

6. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51 provider not registered

7. Microsoft Jet OLEDB Provider 3.51: Does it support parameterized querys

8. Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0 question

9. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

10. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Syntax errors

11. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 OLE DB provider

12. Text cutted off with OLEDB Microsoft.Jet.4