ADO Application - Error messages and my application lost.
Author Message
 ADO Application - Error messages and my application lost.

I desparately need help on this one.  I have just upgraded my computer and
copied a simple entry order system to it under VB6.  The application
wouldn't run and came up with a message "Errors during Load - refer to log
for details".  When I clicked OK it said "Input past end of file".  The
funny thing is if I look at the project box (Control+R) I can see all the
code, but when I try and bring up the form I get the same messages.
The log file has a whole lot of messages of the form "Syntax error; property
906 in Colulmn 00 was missing" or "Syntax error, property 095 in Column01
was missing" and "Syntax erro: property End in Colulmn00 was missing" and it
just goes on and on.

The sad part is that I recreated the application, which worked fine until I
restarted the application  after a while, and then I lost it again.

If anybody can help I'll be MOST grateful, as the recreation of the
application has taken a lot of time, and I don't want to do it again!

Thanks in anticipation.
Stan

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Application - Error messages and my application lost.
Sounds like you are trying to load an input a file at startup into variables in
your code.  Your input file has more separators (commas or tab) then you have in
variables in your code.

EXAMPLE:
Code:
Input #intfile1, strFirst, strSecond, strThird
File:
word1,word2,word3
or
word1    word2    word3

If you were to have 4 words per line, your program would give input past end of
file error.

I hope this helps

Duane Snelling

Quote:

> I desparately need help on this one.  I have just upgraded my computer and
> copied a simple entry order system to it under VB6.  The application
> wouldn't run and came up with a message "Errors during Load - refer to log
> for details".  When I clicked OK it said "Input past end of file".  The
> funny thing is if I look at the project box (Control+R) I can see all the
> code, but when I try and bring up the form I get the same messages.
> The log file has a whole lot of messages of the form "Syntax error; property
> 906 in Colulmn 00 was missing" or "Syntax error, property 095 in Column01
> was missing" and "Syntax erro: property End in Colulmn00 was missing" and it
> just goes on and on.

> The sad part is that I recreated the application, which worked fine until I
> restarted the application  after a while, and then I lost it again.

> If anybody can help I'll be MOST grateful, as the recreation of the
> application has taken a lot of time, and I don't want to do it again!

> Thanks in anticipation.
> Stan

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Application Error when IDE loses focus

2. Error message: CGI application misbehaved

3. web application error message

4. Problem with Error Message in VB 3.0 Applications

5. Help: Error messages in VB application

6. Error message in VB5 Application Wizard

7. Error message in VB application

8. Visual Basic Application Just exiting - no error message

9. Visual Basic Application Just exiting - no error message

10. Problem with Error Message in VB 3.0 Applications

11. Error Connecting to Crystal Report when using ADO Connection in application

12. as/400, ADO and the application error