DDE'd CloseDatabase of Ac
Author Message
 DDE'd CloseDatabase of Ac

 > Date: 6 Jul 1995 15:43:50 GMT
 > Subject: DDE'd CloseDatabase of Access doesn't work
 > Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.visual.database
 >
 > Folks
 >
 > I have a few clients with a number of Access databases scattered around
 > thier systems.  They've asked me to do a "menu"  allowing them to find
 > and efficiently work with those databases.  And using DDE to Open and
 > Close the database is the only method I could find so I'm doing it inside
 > of Visual Basic.

Have you thought about just using the SHELL function??

---
 * QReader 1.10 * UNREGISTERED EVALUATION VERSION

Quote:
>> Slipstream Jet - The QWK solution for Usenets #UNREGISTERED

Thu, 25 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 DDE'd CloseDatabase of Ac

Quote:
> > I have a few clients with a number of Access databases scattered around
> > thier systems.  They've asked me to do a "menu"  allowing them to find
> > and efficiently work with those databases.  And using DDE to Open and
> > Close the database is the only method I could find so I'm doing it
> > inside
> > of Visual Basic.

>Have you thought about just using the SHELL function??

Yes, however it takes several seconds plus a logo display to start up
Access.  I'd just like them to be able to quickly move from a menu to thier
specific database.

Thanks, Tony

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. DDE'd CloseDatabase of Access doesn't work

2. MS Query DDE ba?lant?s? AC?LLLL

3. Converting Wordbasic DDE's to VB DDE's

4. Porting AC'97 .addnew and .update for compatibility w/SQL 7

5. 16 and 32 bit DDE Q's from DDE Newbie

6. DDE DDDoesn't (knowing when something's copied to the clipboard)

7. Been away awhile -- what's DDE's replacement

8. DDE DDoesn't (knowing when something's copied to the clipboard)

9. ac 97 forms controls unvisible

10. ac 97 vba reports

11. josef.koller@uibk.ac.at

12. API Refs and more: sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk