Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode
Author Message
 Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

Hi!

I have the following Problem:

i want to update a record with the following statement:
Update User set sInformation = '€' where idUserID = 124

when i start the update statement in SQL - Plus it succeeds.

but when i start this statement via ADO and the Oracle OLE DB -
Provider
the Unicode Character is replaced by another character.

Does anyone know a solution?

I work with Oracle 8.1.7 database, and Oracle 8.1.7 OLE DB - Provider
and VB 6.0

 This is my database connection string:
  "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security
Info=False;UserID=user;Password=pwd;Data Source=db"

Ernesto

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:54:49 GMT
 Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

Quote:

> Hi!

> I have the following Problem:

> i want to update a record with the following statement:
> Update User set sInformation = '€' where idUserID = 124

Info: € means an Euro sign.
  I send this string with the Euro sign to Oracle
Quote:

> when i start the update statement in SQL - Plus it succeeds.

> but when i start this statement via ADO and the Oracle OLE DB -
> Provider
> the Unicode Character is replaced by another character.

> Does anyone know a solution?

> I work with Oracle 8.1.7 database, and Oracle 8.1.7 OLE DB - Provider
> and VB 6.0

>  This is my database connection string:
>   "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security
> Info=False;UserID=user;Password=pwd;Data Source=db"

> Ernesto

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:41:09 GMT
 Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode
In advice !

Don't use VB !!!!... Is it necessary, then use the newest MDAC version 2.70
for Windoof.

Best Regards

Quote:
> > Hi!

> > I have the following Problem:

> > i want to update a record with the following statement:
> > Update User set sInformation = '€' where idUserID = 124

> Info: € means an Euro sign.
>   I send this string with the Euro sign to Oracle

> > when i start the update statement in SQL - Plus it succeeds.

> > but when i start this statement via ADO and the Oracle OLE DB -
> > Provider
> > the Unicode Character is replaced by another character.

> > Does anyone know a solution?

> > I work with Oracle 8.1.7 database, and Oracle 8.1.7 OLE DB - Provider
> > and VB 6.0

> >  This is my database connection string:
> >   "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security
> > Info=False;UserID=user;Password=pwd;Data Source=db"

> > Ernesto

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:30:41 GMT

1. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

2. ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.

3. Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB

4. OLE DB Provider for Oracle problem in Data Environment

5. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

6. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

7. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

8. Oracle OLE DB Provider problem with recordsets

9. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

10. Microsoft --OR-- Oracle OLE DB provider

11. Which OLE DB Provider with Oracle?

12. Creating a CLSID registry for OLE DB Provider: OraOLEDB.Oracle