BeginTrans with Jet3.0 and VB4.0a
Author Message
 BeginTrans with Jet3.0 and VB4.0a

I am currently using a remote OLE object which has a database object
passed to it.  The Database (DB) object is opened in the client app.
Why is it I can't use DB.BeginTrans in my server app?  When I do I get
the error "Function marked as restricted or uses an OLE Type not
supported in Visual Basic".  I have the Jet 3.0 Reference marked and
the App is entirely 32 Bit.  Do I need to pass the workspace object as
well as the database object?  I checked out the Transactions property
of my database object and it said True.  Any ideas?

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 BeginTrans with Jet3.0 and VB4.0a

Prueba esto..

dim db as database
dim WS as workspace

Set WS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(cmdialog1.Filename)

WS.begintrans
WS.committrans

Quote:
> I am currently using a remote OLE object which has a database object
> passed to it.  The Database (DB) object is opened in the client app.
> Why is it I can't use DB.BeginTrans in my server app?  When I do I get
> the error "Function marked as restricted or uses an OLE Type not
> supported in Visual Basic".  I have the Jet 3.0 Reference marked and
> the App is entirely 32 Bit.  Do I need to pass the workspace object as
> well as the database object?  I checked out the Transactions property
> of my database object and it said True.  Any ideas?

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. BeginTrans with Jet3.0 and VB4.0a

2. Can VB4-16bit work with Jet3.0 db?

3. How to get VB4.0A: the snychronization release of VB4

4. Keeping VB4.0a, Selling VB4.0 Legal??

5. To BeginTrans or not to BeginTrans........

6. VB4.0 BeginTrans Problem

7. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

8. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

9. FS: VB5.0 Pro and VB4.0a Pro

10. Numerous VB4.0a Problems ?????

11. Transactions using RDO with VB4.0a

12. Zero length strings, SQL Server6.0/VB4.0a and spaces