ADO executing oracle stored procedure/function
Author Message
 ADO executing oracle stored procedure/function

Hi folks, hope you can help.
Using ADO component to connect to Oracle via ODBC
I have no problems issuing select/insert commands in the .asp file and
know how to work through the recordset that is returned BUT now I want
to invoke stored Oracle procedures and functions.  If I change the sql
string that I have to
"execute <procedure_name>",  or "select <function_name>" then I get an
error to the effect that the execute statement is illegal  or the
table/view does not exist.  There is no such table/view, I know, but a
valid function_name exists and I can use that from SQL*Plus command
line.  Also, if I had a function that returned an integer as opposed to
a recordset, could I just 'catch' it in a normal variable or do I have
to use a recordset object?
Thanks for reading this.

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem in executing an Oracle stored procedure by ADO

2. executing a stored procedure in oracle using ADO

3. Oracle stored procedures/functions using ADO

4. Executing an oracle stored procedure from access 95

5. How to execute Store Procedure in Oracle through ODBC with Visual Basic

6. How can I execute Oracle stored procedures?

7. executing Oracle stored procedure from VB

8. Executing Oracle Stored procedure from VB4.0

9. problem in executing an Oracle stored procedure

10. How to execute Stored Procedures / functions ?

11. Executing an Oracle Stored FUNCTION

12. How to execute a Stored Procedure using ADO.Net