Passing parameter to Sybase ASA Stored procedure via ADO
Author Message
 Passing parameter to Sybase ASA Stored procedure via ADO

Hello,
I am trying to pass an Integer parameter, using ADO PARAMETER object, to a
stored procedure compileed in Sybase ASA. When I was using MS SQL Server 7.0
the same stored procedure worked well. On Sybase I get message "Descriptor
type out of range". I tried every possible data types of the parameter and
the error still persists. The same procedure when called from iSQL by EXEC
.... with some param worked well. I only have trouble calling it via ADO.
I connect to the Sybase server via ODBC. And to the MS SQL via the ADO SQL
Provider.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jaroslaw Walaszek

Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing parameter to Sybase ASA Stored procedure via ADO
OK. The problem solved itself with upgrade of the Sybase ASA to v.
6.0.3.2747

Quote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to pass an Integer parameter, using ADO PARAMETER object, to a
> stored procedure compileed in Sybase ASA. When I was using MS SQL Server
7.0
> the same stored procedure worked well. On Sybase I get message "Descriptor
> type out of range". I tried every possible data types of the parameter and
> the error still persists. The same procedure when called from iSQL by EXEC
> .... with some param worked well. I only have trouble calling it via ADO.
> I connect to the Sybase server via ODBC. And to the MS SQL via the ADO SQL
> Provider.

> Thanks in advance for any help!

> Jaroslaw Walaszek

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS ADO / Sybase SQL Anywhere ASA 7 Stored Procedure Return Value Problem

2. Can't pass a NULL date parameter via ADO to SQL stored procedure

3. Passing Stored Procedure parameters via VB6 into Crystal Report (ver 8)

4. ado recordsets from stored procedures, stored procedures have input parameters

5. Passing parameter from VB 6 ADO Data Control to SQL Server Stored Procedure

6. How to passing parameters from and to a SQL Server stored procedure using ADO

7. Trouble passing parameters to a stored procedure in ADO

8. Pass Null to stored procedure parameter using ADO?

9. Retrieve parameters from stored procedure in sybase

10. Stored Procedure / Parameter / Sybase / odbc

11. Retrive output parameters when using stored procedure in Sybase database

12. report run with null parameter values via store procedure