Security with VB5 and databases (MS Access)
Author Message
 Security with VB5 and databases (MS Access)

   Can anyone tell me how to protect a ms database from being altered by
another program other than the one I created?  The database contains
quesions for a test and is not supposed to be altered by the user at any
point -it is to stay as it is when it is released.

Thanks for your time,
Tyler M. Schwerdfeger

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Security with VB5 and databases (MS Access)
The easiest way would be to set a database password in your Access database
and use that password when you open your connection in VB. Sure, there are
hackers out there that could get in but the average user would not be able
to access the database except through your app.

Quote:
>    Can anyone tell me how to protect a ms database from being altered by
> another program other than the one I created?  The database contains
> quesions for a test and is not supposed to be altered by the user at any
> point -it is to stay as it is when it is released.

> Thanks for your time,
> Tyler M. Schwerdfeger

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Security with VB5 and databases (MS Access)
There is indeed a tool to hack this password, the cost: 35$

Yours,

Peter

Quote:
> The easiest way would be to set a database password in your Access
database
> and use that password when you open your connection in VB. Sure, there are
> hackers out there that could get in but the average user would not be able
> to access the database except through your app.

> >    Can anyone tell me how to protect a ms database from being altered by
> > another program other than the one I created?  The database contains
> > quesions for a test and is not supposed to be altered by the user at any
> > point -it is to stay as it is when it is released.

> > Thanks for your time,
> > Tyler M. Schwerdfeger

> > --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
> > ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ms access and vb5.0 security/password

2. database security in ms-access thru Encryption

3. MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

4. MS Access & MS Word Automation/Security Issue

5. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

6. VB5 using OLE Automation on MS Access database -- Help

7. VB5 application accessing Paradox 3 database with MS ODBC

8. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

9. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

10. Security Witt MS Jet Database

11. Complicated Record Handling on MS Sql server and MS Accesses Databases

12. Access 2000 Security VS. Access XP Security