Help me save my hair... SQL Problem
Author Message
 Help me save my hair... SQL Problem

Hello,

I have been trying to write a front end for an SQL Server (Ver. 6)
database using Visual Basic 4 Enterprise edition.  I first create a
Result Set with a Dynamic Cursor (I have also tried a Keyset Cursor).
I am able to scroll through the rows of the Result Set but when I
attempt to up date the rows I get an error stating that the cursor is
read only.  The attributes property for all columns is 33 or greater,
the value of the resultsetype property is 3, and I have full
permissions on the database table.  The code that I am using to update
the table is as follows:

myRs.Edit
myRs(:dorasite") = Text1.text
myRs.Update

The error occurs on the myRS.Update command.
The ResuyltSet is created with the command:

Set myRs = MyPs.OpenResultSet(rdOpenDynamic, rdConcurValues)

The SQL statement being passed is:

"select * from test"

Everything that I can find indicates that this should work.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jezzer

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Major Problem - Pulling hair out.....HELP!!!!!

2. Major Problem - Pulling hair out.....HELP!!!!!

3. Pulling out my hair/Combo Box problem

4. strange problem....only a few hairs left

5. Pulling out my hair/Combo Box problem

6. Strange problem...only a few hairs left

7. Hair-pulling combo box troubles...HELP PLEASE!

8. Please help I'm pulling my hair out

9. vb6 & Excel pulling my hair out---Help

10. Ugghh-Help, pulling my hair out

11. Not Liscensed????Please help..pulling hair out..

12. My hair is comming out!!! - Help Please