Null values in a bound data combo box
Author Message
 Null values in a bound data combo box

Is there a way for a user to go back to a null value in a data combo
box?  I have several of them in an application I am developing, and if
the user chooses a value there is no way for them to go back and clear
the text box.  I want them to be limited to the values in the database,
but I also want to allow null values...any ideas?

Tony Rath
Internet Applications Developer, RSPN.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null values in a bound data combo box
give them a button that sets the listindex property to -1:

listboxname.listindex = -1

regards,
vG

Quote:

> Is there a way for a user to go back to a null value in a data combo
> box?  I have several of them in an application I am developing, and if
> the user chooses a value there is no way for them to go back and clear
> the text box.  I want them to be limited to the values in the database,
> but I also want to allow null values...any ideas?

> Tony Rath
> Internet Applications Developer, RSPN.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null values in a bound data combo box
tony, my fault for not reading ... there is no listindex for the
datalistcombo ...sorry
Quote:

> Is there a way for a user to go back to a null value in a data combo
> box?  I have several of them in an application I am developing, and if
> the user chooses a value there is no way for them to go back and clear
> the text box.  I want them to be limited to the values in the database,
> but I also want to allow null values...any ideas?

> Tony Rath
> Internet Applications Developer, RSPN.com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null values in a bound data combo box
Nulls....... yech!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you can have a -- None --

Make the top choice in each list or combo box  "None"  and deal with it in
your
code. Its much more intuitive for the user and easier to deal with in code
land.

Jim

Quote:

>Is there a way for a user to go back to a null value in a data combo
>box?  I have several of them in an application I am developing, and if
>the user chooses a value there is no way for them to go back and clear
>the text box.  I want them to be limited to the values in the database,
>but I also want to allow null values...any ideas?

>Tony Rath
>Internet Applications Developer, RSPN.com

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Null values in a bound data combo box
try to put the dataformat property of your datacombos to "number" (if you
use the bound column property with an autonumber or sequence)

Quote:
>Is there a way for a user to go back to a null value in a data combo
>box?  I have several of them in an application I am developing, and if
>the user chooses a value there is no way for them to go back and clear
>the text box.  I want them to be limited to the values in the database,
>but I also want to allow null values...any ideas?

>Tony Rath
>Internet Applications Developer, RSPN.com

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Null Values in Data Bound Combo Boxes

2. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

3. Combo Box like Data Bound Combo Box?

4. enter data in a combo box based on value from another combo box

5. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

6. Assigning Null Values to data bound fields using remote data control

7. Combo Binding - Null value

8. Error 3426 with Null Bound Combo Box Field.

9. Error 3426 with Null Bound Combo Box Field.

10. Problems refreshing data from Data bound Combo Box

11. For a bind combo box with display member and value member set

12. Binding combo boxes to a data control