Returning Recordsets with ADO from Oracle stored proc
Author Message
 Returning Recordsets with ADO from Oracle stored proc

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a recordset  from
executing an ADO Command on a stored proc or function in Oracle.

I'm kind of stuck and would really appreciate any help.

TIA

Andrew

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Returning Recordsets with ADO from Oracle stored proc
this must be one of the most asked questions with VB and Oracle...

the answer is yes, but it really isn't that pretty. have a look at MS
Knowledge base Q174981, Q174679 and Q176086

if you can possibly have the information returned in one or two parameters,
i would strongly recommend doing that way.
eg. if you are doing an insert, and you want to see the newly insert ID
value.

let me know if you need sample code of that.

cheers

---
craig fullerton
idion - fab technology
083 785 3423

Quote:
>Hello all,

>I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a recordset  from
>executing an ADO Command on a stored proc or function in Oracle.

>I'm kind of stuck and would really appreciate any help.

>TIA

>Andrew

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOW TO: ADO 2.5 Oracle Stored Proc into Recordset

2. Ado Called Stored Proc not returning recordset

3. Sending ADO Recordset to an Oracle Stored Proc

4. How to return Parameters and Recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure with ADO

5. VB5 Oracle Stored Proc Access - Returning Table datatype

6. Slooow Recordset Return from Oracle Proc.

7. ADODB Recordsets returning data from a stored proc

8. CAlling an Oracle Stored Proc with ADO.Net via VB

9. Stored Proc Return values / Output Params w ADO and SQL Server 7

10. Stored Proc Return values / Output Params w ADO and SQL Server 7

11. Stored proc on Informix returning decimal using ADO

12. Calling Oracle Stored Proc with DB link via ADO