Data Report and Grouping at Runtime
Author Message
 Data Report and Grouping at Runtime

     Hi all!

     I am in need of assistance...URGENTLY. I have bound my data report at
     run time to an ADO recordset (Below and works perfectly), but now need
     to group the report on three fields in the recordset (Directorate,
     Department, Team). How can I do this?????

     Code:

     Option Explicit

     Private oRS As New ADODB.Recordset

     Private Sub DataReport_Initialize()

         Dim strSQL as String

         strSQL = "Extremley Long SQL statement!"

         'goConn is a gloabl connection object for ease throughout the
         'project

         oRS.Open strSQL, goConn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, _
                adCmdText

         With DataReport1
             Set .DataSource = oRS
             .Orientation = rptOrientLandscape
             .Caption = "Agreement Expenditure 2001 - 2001"
             .WindowState = 2
             .Show
         End With

     End Sub

     It couldn't be much more than this to make it group?!?! I hope!

     Thanks in Advance

     Rossco
     :-}

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:58:01 GMT
 Data Report and Grouping at Runtime
Grouping is done via your select statement, and then inserting a group
header/footer into your report.  There is a good example on how to do this
in vb6 look up data report designer.

Deke

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:21:46 GMT
 Data Report and Grouping at Runtime
oh yes and by the way did you like the Keystone learning system?

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:29:48 GMT

1. Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

2. Using the Shape command to multiple grouping of data for data reports

3. Data environment + Grouping a view + Data Report = crash !

4. Changing the grouping field in a report at runtime

5. Stopping data from being grouped by Group 1 when that group is suppressed

6. Set source for grouped data at runtime

7. Runtime grouping, putting desciption in Group header

8. Urgent! Data grouping of report

9. create an unbound data report with group headers

10. Data reports grouping

11. create an unbound data report with group headers

12. How to create Data Report groups without using hierarchical recordsets