How do I check if a user is a member of a Local or global group or a "role" memeber
Author Message
 How do I check if a user is a member of a Local or global group or a "role" memeber

I'm using a SQL server 7.0 with a Visual Basic Frond-end.
And now I have to check if a user has rights to a certain table. I can check
on the local group or the SQL server role, but i've no idea how to do this,
can anybody help?

Lon Dirks

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I check if a user is a member of a Local or global group or a "role" memeber
Are you talking about in code or using SQL Enterprise MGR/ User MGR for
Domains?

says...

Quote:

>I'm using a SQL server 7.0 with a Visual Basic Frond-end.
>And now I have to check if a user has rights to a certain table. I can check
>on the local group or the SQL server role, but i've no idea how to do this,
>can anybody help?

>Lon Dirks

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I check if a user is a member of a Local or global group or a "role" memeber
No, I'd like code for Visual Basic 6 , so I can check if someone has rights
to a certain table. All users are domain members and are using NT4.0.

tnx,

 Lon

Quote:
> Are you talking about in code or using SQL Enterprise MGR/ User MGR for
> Domains?

Quote:
> says...

> >I'm using a SQL server 7.0 with a Visual Basic Frond-end.
> >And now I have to check if a user has rights to a certain table. I can
check
> >on the local group or the SQL server role, but i've no idea how to do
this,
> >can anybody help?

> >Lon Dirks

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WIN95: How to check if user is member of a NT4 Global Group

2. Enumerate Local Groups a user is a member of from a different domain

3. Enumerate Local Group Members and Identify Domain of Members

4. HOWTO: Check if user is member of a group

5. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

6. Determine global group in local group

7. How to find local groups for a global group

8. Adding multiple users or groups to local groups

9. List of NT global group members

10. Local Group Members

11. Enumerating Members of a Local Group (Not on a DC)

12. Enumerate Global Group Members from Remote, Non-Admin?