Recordset's delete method fails with Error:3197. Why ?
Author Message
 Recordset's delete method fails with Error:3197. Why ?

In DAO manual they tell you to delete a record by sending a delete message
to the Recordset object.  When I do this I get the following error message.

" Run-Time error 3197   Data has changed;operation stopped"

The table is an attached ODBC table from MS SQL Server.  I am the only
user, so why am I getting this error message ?

Any information would be very much appreciated.  Thanks for taking the time
to read this.

- willi

--

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. recordset.edit method won't work (error 3197)

2. error using recordset.edit method (3197)

3. Folder.Delete error -1525546999 Method 'Delete' of object 'MAPIFolder' failed

4. Error 3197

5. Error 3197?

6. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

7. Puzzling Error - 3197 - Jet Stopped Process?

8. Error - 3197 - Please help

9. 3197 Error Updating an ODBC Datasource

10. Help. DAO 3197 error with single user

11. 3197 dao error

12. Error 3197 on a stand_alone pc