Access to a password protected shared folder from within vb6
Author Message
 Access to a password protected shared folder from within vb6

My users login to a NT server which I have no control on.  My database
resides on a shared folder in a server which I have full control. The shared
folder is password protected. I want to connected to the shared directly by
providing the shared name and password within my vb6 application. Any help
on this will be really appreciated.

BK

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:26:30 GMT
 Access to a password protected shared folder from within vb6
I can only guess that your using some thing like access for a DB....
snicker...

You could simply do a net use to open the folder and another to drop it...

Quote:
> My users login to a NT server which I have no control on.  My database
> resides on a shared folder in a server which I have full control. The
shared
> folder is password protected. I want to connected to the shared directly
by
> providing the shared name and password within my vb6 application. Any help
> on this will be really appreciated.

> BK

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:53:11 GMT
 Access to a password protected shared folder from within vb6
The best way to do this is to have a Access database on each users computer.
This database would then have link tables to your main database.

Access then goes through the backend bypassing any passwords etc, Your user
will be able to access the data then but still no have access to your
directory.

Quote:
> My users login to a NT server which I have no control on.  My database
> resides on a shared folder in a server which I have full control. The
shared
> folder is password protected. I want to connected to the shared directly
by
> providing the shared name and password within my vb6 application. Any help
> on this will be really appreciated.

> BK

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:12:17 GMT

1. Acces to a password protected shared folder from within Vb6

2. Access a Password Protected Share

3. Shared folder password in VB6

4. VB6 accessing simple password protected Access database problems

5. Shared folder password in VB6

6. File access error when Outlook folder is password protected

7. help!!!how to access the share folder with password

8. Accessing password proteceted shared folders on 95/98 ?

9. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

10. Openning From VB6 A Password Protected Access 97 File

11. VB6 + Password protected Access Database

12. Access 97 Password protect hurdle using VB6